Wednesday, December 17, 2014

(Video) Ryan Getzlaf Embelishment Penalty



This is totally unacceptable. Again, I am all for fining, punishing and suspending players that embellish to draw penalties. In my humble opinion, diving cheapens the game of hockey and is bad sportsmanship. In this case, you could probably stop some of the embellishment if you just penalized the player diving.

What I don't understand is why the officials don't just take one player? Is it necessary to penalize Dion Phaneuf? Why not just penalize Ryan Getzlaf in this instance?

02:10 TOR Dion Phaneuf Tripping against Ryan Getzlaf
02:10 ANA Ryan Getzlaf Embellishment against Dion Phaneuf

3 comments:

  1. Good point, but not that I know of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're correct. That is step #2 at umd's first practice. Step #1 is learning how to complain to the ref after each whistle. So you can see how one can get confused.

    ReplyDelete